Friday, February 19, 2010

Eye on the wounded Tiger

 Tiger Woods            

BAD, BAD, BAD is all I kept repeating to myself when my normal program was interrupted for a press conference on TIGER FREAKING WOODS. I couldn't believe this. With emerging technology/ blogs/streaming video, the only time I expect my regular scheduled programing to be interrupted is if a plane slams into a building. Oh wait, that DID just happen, yesterday...again.

Now we are taught in advertising that when something negative happens to your brand you do NOT bring it up and apologize. It seems counter-intuitive, but you do not want to aid in reminding people the bad X,Y, and Z that happened to your brand. You instead take a break, and then come back strong reminding people of what good is in your brand, and all the good it has done. People are simple, and within a ridiculously short amount of time they will forget and move on to the next scandal. Now allow me to be so bold and say that Celebrities are essentially products. They are for sale and boy do we buy them and anything they touch. So when handling press, they must be treated like a product. Tiger, heed my advice and fire your PR agent/agents. Then suggest a public flogging for what they allowed you to do. You are not a public speaker, and should never be allowed behind anything save a nine iron. Besides the actual speech being poorly written, the delivery was heartless and reminded me of those awkward exercises from my middle school speech class.

Perhaps I am being harsh. No wait, I am not. We don't need to know about how you are going to treatment and patching things up with your wife, Perez Hilton will keep us updated—but thanks for the thought. Do yourself a favor and disappear for awhile and stop fanning the flames of this "scandal". I am not condoning his actions, but this is the oldest game in the book: infidelity. Presidents, Holy men, and nobodies have been doing it since time immortal. Go and hide, and try to take care of that wife and precious child of yours.

fin
dani

No comments:

Post a Comment