Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Feminine woes but at last a woohoo (!)

The history of advertising for womenly products has been, well less than impressive. That is stating it lightly. I've never seen a spot or print ad that I have even remotely liked. The closest they have ever come to making me warm up to their brand is that commercial for the tampon-mini's that were being passed around like candy. I felt alright, they are going somewhere.

A fellow CW ad student (Leanne Amman) just had spot produced with JWT and I have to say I love it. It makes fun at the ridiculousness of the fem prod adv scene and then ends with the human truth that us ladies are always thinking: Why are tampon ads so awful? Finally something good out of the long long bad bad history of feminine advertising. The spot below:


I also have been wanting to post on another "woman problem" advertising wave: LBL (light bladder leakage) Again, something no one wants to hear or talk about, we'd rather pretend it doesn't happen. (When I was younger I saw SNL's "oops I crapped my pants" spoof and I was scarred for life. But I digress...)

Here is Whoopi's take on the situation, again poking fun and making light of this awkward phenomenon. What do you think of it? Are we there yet? Is this another product we need to push under the rug and not talk about? I watched Whoopi on The View speaking about her battle about this and I personally and immaturely said "Ew Whoopi just quiet down and put on a pad"... almost as if she were speaking directly to me, she said that there are silly people who think you can use a pad, when pad's are not equipped to welcome anything other than... well... aunt flo. The spot below:





























VS

No comments:

Post a Comment